The BDX-S500U is one of the smallest Blu-ray Disc writers on the market today. Sony’s BDX-S500U burner has a a USB 2.0 interface, it is capable to writes single BD-R media at up to 6X and dual layer BD-R media at 4X speed and even supports Blu-ray 3D playback.
- Support DVD-RAM recording at up to 12X speeds
- Record standard 4.7GB DVD+/-R discs at up to 16X speeds
- 8.5GB DVD+/-R Double/Dual layer at up to 8X
- Supports Blu-ray 3D playback
- Capturing, authoring, editing, backing up, data writing and playing Blu-ray Disc movies
- Interface: USB 2.0
- OS Supported: Windows XP Home Edition SP3 / Professional SP3, Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 / Windows Vista Home Premium SP2/ Windows Vista Business SP2 / Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, Windows 7 Home Premium / Windows 7 Professional / Windows 7 Ultimate.